Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 160 – Jim’s Trek – 21.1 Miles – Schwinn 150, Thank You Mr. Herman

Good Day,

And today I completed another 21.1 miles on my Schwinn 150 Trek. I burned 600 calories and I am feeling great that I have now kept to my guns and have completed 160 days of continual aerobic exercise.

Today I am located on the Trans-Canada Highway just southeast of Yorkton, Saskatchewan. My Trek, physical and virtual, has definitely kept achieving that which I never thought I would or could. I now have just 1,269 more miles to reach my ultimate goal. Notwithstanding any side Interlake goals, I will have completed, when finished 4,164.3 miles. Whew…


According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, the definition of virtual reality is “An artificial environment which is experienced through sensory stimuli (as sights and sounds) provided by a computer and in which one’s actions partially determine what happens in the environment.” And so is my Schwinn 150 Trek, Jim’s Trek a virtual reality?

I am cycling on a physical Schwinn 150 stationary bicycle. I am clocking an average of 18.3 miles daily. To date I have completed a total of 2,895.3 miles, a feat all duly recorded. Have I decreased my waist measurement to 35” form 44”? Yes, and have I reduced my intake of my diabetes medication? Yes, and yes. I am sleeping much more soundly and restful. And am I burning an average of 600 calories a day, even though I am eating a slight bit more? Has my weight dropped by 7.6 lbs? Yes, and yes again, all this has happened… and these are the realities, the real part of my personal Trek.

And the definition of virtual – “Of, relating to, or using virtual memory”… and, “Being such in essence or effect though not formally recognized or admitted”. Yes Jim’s Trek is also a virtual reality. An actual physical, on the road trek from Tampa to Seattle that is a construction, something made up, something contrived… but this figment adds a source and sense to a realistic goal and goals. The above mentioned numbers, facts, and figures are and have been achieved, in a real world to allow for the achievement of my goals and successes.

But today I definitely will turn in my most amateur meteorologist credentials. Nothing came true based on all the possible data that I investigated. Tampa Bay was pretty much free and clear of possible inclement weather on Mothers’ Day. Lesson learned – If I want to know my local weather, look out the window. Today it is beautiful. And we are on the cusp, of our wet season, as twinges of humid air ride on the subtle breezes.

And then there are battles between sides that have drawn the proverbial “line in the sand”. Each opposing faction is convinced that s/he represents the “truth” of his/her belief of what they consider the purity of her/his essence. Be damned, just grow a fence and remember the adage “those in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.” Thank you Mr. Pee Wee Herman, and thank you for your red Schwinn Phantom.

Viewing pleasure for my Trek journey this morning was the first episode of the new STARZ’s series, Da Vinci’s Demons. It is a visual smorgasbord of period sets and costumes and, if credible, a glimpse into the genius of Leonardo da Vinci.
Just up my visual and mental alley.

Today I have to now compose the hexagon design of our Tampa Kaleidoscope. Andy is working on quilting our new quilt The Amulet. Also I have begun working on a brand new crocheted Afghan. It is a merger of two different color yarns, a deep rose and a light buff/beige. It will look extremely interesting.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment