Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, May 10, 2013

Day 157 – Jim’s Trek – 21.7 Miles – Bull on The Road

Good Day,

This morning my 21.7 miles on my Schwinn 150 has me headed north in the direction of the town of Russell, Manitoba. My total miles to date – 2,831.9. There is not much to see from the road but flat land, but an advertised road-side attraction is published for the thriving tourist scene – The Bull.


Today is my 157th day on my Schwinn 150 stationary cycle. And the virtual trip definitely assists me to set and reach my physical goals.

Now here is something I really do not understand. Today is Windmill Day and all are encouraged to visit your local windmill and get involved. Say what? I've lived here in the Tampa area for over three decades, and the only windmills that I may have seen are at the local miniature golf courses. Now I can say that my four-times Great-Grandfather John Robertson was a miller and possibly used a windmill to mill his wheat… but that was in the late 1700s. Happy Windmill Day!

Finished watching the second installment of Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. Nice story… not much to think about. I’m not sure if was a typical love story between two people or a not so typical love story about fish. My next film is Anonymous, 2011. This one seems to take up with an aged Queen Elizabeth I from about where The Tudors left off, politically. Same issue political censorship and pseudo-intrigue. Who actually did write William Shakespeare’s plays?

Check out David Pogue’s 10 Top Time-Saving Tech Tips on TED. Here’s the link to TED.

Work progresses with our Tampa Kaleidoscope quilt. Today Andy is working the half-hexagons, and then I will take the the 456 half-hexagons and manipulate the design of our Tampa Kaleidoscope. This feels like a tennis match, and neither of us play tennis. And I have now found some yarn made of sugar cane. Stay tuned and follow our updates on Quilts SB.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment