Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 164 – Jim’s Trek – 20.3 Miles – Kabochas Are Growing

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 20.3 miles on my Schwinn 150. I started late this morning, but I still managed to burn 619 calories and I exercised for one hour and five minutes. I have now changed my direction to a direct westerly heading and I am located on the Yellowhead Highway. I am now averaging, since the beginning of my Trek until Day 164, 18.4 miles per day.


My virtual reality Trek can be a wee bit confusing. Yesterday, Day 163, my Google map location image presented snow on the roadsides of the Highway. Today the sun is shining, the grass is green. This of course adds some questions, not necessarily negative, as to the methodology and timing of the sequential route photos that Google puts together in creating a visual representation of their mapping schemata.

And my blood sugar counts just keep getting better. Already I have reduced my diabetes medications in half. Today I now will reduce my daily dosage to 25% of what they were when I began my Trek. My goal, maintain my positive blood sugar results and eliminate all diabetes medications.  Does this mean that I am no longer a diabetic?  No... but definitely minimal chemicals.

Well I’m up-to-date with the current episodes of Da Vinci’s Demons. A few more pieces to the puzzle and mystery of the Book of Leaves are added. A person, a potion, a periscope, a paste, and a pig…? And as happenstance stands I am currently reading Peter Silverman’s 2012 book, Leonardo’s Lost Princess. It is “One man’s quest to authenticate an unknown portrait by Leonardo Da Vinci.

Audrey 3 ½ has been growing and growing, flowering and flowering. I have now discovered her beginnings of the production of Kabocha Squash. Gorgeous yellow blossoms, a multitude of flower buds, and baby Kabochas...




Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment