Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day 163 – Jim’s Trek – 20.0 Miles – Hi, Ho, It’s Off To the Hinterland I Go

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 20.0 miles on my Schwinn 150. I am still on the Trans-Canada Highway… and the landscape is flat, flat as my Google eye can see. I just passed through the Town of Foam Lake, Saskatchewan; population about 1,123. I have now about 98 miles to go to get to my next Interlake address goal.


My total miles to date is 2,957.9 and I have now lost 9.1 pounds.


And last night I received my next spam email, from a Mr. James Adam of somewhere in Italy, that I must immediately contact a Mr. Ahmed Yaki of DHL with my vital information. The blatant mistake in the email is that it states that “the amount in your Card is US$1.5 Million”… And the email reads that the “Card” is alleged to be an ATM card with funds. Does not the perpetrator know that plastic cards are not containers or repositories of actual funds and monies? They, the cards, are simply an “electronic key” to allow, supposedly, protected and secured access to the availability of funds.


Supper was Pork-Peanut Chow Mein.  Pork, mushrooms, snow-peas and green onions from Urban Oasis, wheat soba noodles, ginger, garlic, red-pepper, sugar, soya and oyster sauce, and sesame oil.  I am enjoying eating, and due to my daily cycle Trek I am eating much more and really, really enjoying myself.

And the smallest member of The Pack, Tinker, apart from being the most vocal, is an extremely demanding quadruped.  She has the household trained.  During the day she, all 10 pounds of her, when she wishes to lay in the sun... and if her bed is not privy to sunlight, she will yap a couple of times, maybe.  Typically she will find a sunny spot on the deck, to her liking, and then go and stand in her chosen spot.  She will then patiently stand there waiting, staring at the vicinity of the house where there may be some human activity.  We are expected to drop whatever we are doing, move a bed to her newly chosen appropriate location... and then she will settle down on her bed just contemplating the warmth of the sunshine.  This diminutive canine is no fool.  She knows who rules the roost, so-to-speak, and the fact that she has her humans trained.  The question is "Who rescued who?"


Quilt and crochet update and progress continues. Hexagons for Tampa Kaleidoscope are all spread out in the design room. The Amulet is loaded to the longarm. The component parts of Astro-Physics are now being pieced together. The first composition of a crocheted afghan, dark rose and buff, is now 48" in width and 14" long. Check with Quilts SB for complete updates.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment