Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 177 – Jim’s Trek – 21.5 Miles - Chocolate Delight Chocolate-Dipped and my Schwinn 150 - And Max

Good Day,

I am still in Saskatchewan on my 177th day on my Schwinn 150 Trek. Today I completed another 21.5 miles and I have now clocked a total of 3,253.3 miles.


I am on the Trans-Canada Highway just north east of the City of Swift Current, Saskatchewan. The population approximates 15,500 and it is about 2,450 miles from my home in Tampa, as a crow flies.

Ate supper last night at I ai Sushi. It is a dive but a relatively fair sushi and Japanese restaurant in Tampa. It is a hole in the wall decorated in the ultimate of Dollar Store “tackiness” and post-its with today’s specials all over the walls… It is the only place in town that I know of to get freshly made Okonomiyaki. Would I get the sushi or sashimi there again? Probably not… but there are many other interesting items I would probably try, especially with labels that I really do not have an inkling of what they are. And all the tables were taken. But it was the Chocolate Delight stuffed in a chocolate-dipped waffle cone at Cold Stone afterwards that definitely increased my sugar blood count this morning. And this morning I can say that I have dropped 8.8 pounds due to my daily Trek on my Schwinn 150.

Harry Potter again this morning. The first part of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. This is the fourth of the eight films. Introductions to Bartemius Crouch, Cedric Diggory (late of Twilight fame), Mad-Eye Moody, and students of two other European schools of magic. I am amazed at the creative mind of J.K. Rowling as bit by bit the story continues to unfold. The Triwizard Tournament most definitely is facsimile of a typical school competition, but one can see certain similarities in theme and plot followed up in the Hunger Games.

We just forwarded this picture to Max's foster parent from whom we adopted this tiny, but overweight at the time, scrappy puppy. This was the response that we just received...

"You all have been in my mind so much lately. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the pic. That little dog was always so special to me...all he needed was the right family and I never doubted for a second you two weren't the right family for Max. He is a very lucky little dog, coming from a crack house in Miami to the loving arms of you two. His little buddy wasn't so lucky. They abused that little dog so much until they broke his back, and he had to be put down. He couldn't be saved but we did try.

I talk about Max all the time about what a lucky little dog he is and what a wonderful home he got. I'll always love both of you for loving him and making him a part of your family.
"

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment