Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day 170 – Jim’s Trek – Schwinn 150 in Saskatchewan, from Tampa

Good Day,

Today I cycled, on my Schwinn 150, 20.7 miles. I burned 601 calories. To date my total miles equal 3,105.2, and I am still en route to Seattle, Washington.


On this 170th day of cycling I am currently still located in Saskatchewan headed south on Highway 2. There is no one around and the scenery appears to be the same. I now have 552 miles to go to get to me next Interlake address goal.

Supper last night, and the tables were filled – Gyoza, Sesame Ginger and Garlic Spiced Rice, Japanese Cucumber Salad, and Steamed Buns. After five days of reduced diabetes medication I’m still maintaining a reasonable, and in the normal range, blood sugar level.

And I decided that for my viewing pleasure I would watch, once again, the Harry Potter movies. These films, all-things-being-equal, should keep my attention fixed for the next couple of weeks. The first one is Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, 2001.

The question is – Where would we be without Captain James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock? Star Trek Into Darkness, 2013, IMAX and 3D, definitely entertaining couple of hours… and it is enjoyable when something has been a viewing experience in my life for so, so many years.

Our work continues on The Amulet. We are now testing quilting patterns to find the ones that complement the construction of our work. The hexagons are being added to the Tampa Kaleidoscope design. Double Entendre, our new afghan, is now just about half-way complete. Thus far two pounds of yarn have been crocheted. Check Quilts SB for details.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment