Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, May 20, 2013

Day 167 – Jim’s Trek – And The Schwinn Trek Continues

Good Day,

This morning I cycled a wee bit farther than normal, 21.9 miles and I am in Saskatchewan on Highway 668. I am located on Canpolex Road, east of the Dellwood Reservoir. Definitely not a too trafficked road, the way I like it. I’m headed in a southerly direction and am now about 17 miles from my next Interlake address goal.



Here are my current stats on the 167th Day.

Total Direct Miles to Seattle   To Date TD Miles Remaining   % TD Miles Completed   Interlake Miles to Seattle   Weight (lbs)  
3,301.0 3,040.9 1,125.0 72.9% 4,165.9 162.2

The adage of getting old seems to always be “I’m just so, so busy. I do not have enough time to do the things I need to do.” My maxim is “I chose to be busy. I do not have enough time to do the things I want to do.”

Blood sugar count this morning: 99… down from 128 yesterday. Day 2 of 75% reduction in diabetes medication.

Supper last night – Zucchini, Oil-cured Olives, and Romain Salad with homemade dressing. I used a ton of stuff to make a comparable dressing in the same range as an Olive Gardens-type dressing. Instead of mayonnaise I used cream cheese. Entrée – Cheese ravioli with Prosciutto and Mushrooms in an olive oli and butter pesto sauce. We do eat well in this house…

Here is a question – I’m not a blue-blood fan of Yahoo. I use Tumblr. Yahoo is rumored to be in position to buy Tumblr for $1.1 billion. Should the purchase go through, will I continue to use Tumblr? I also use Tumblr for Jim’s Trek, A Genealogy Hunt, and Quilts SB.

I finished the second half of Valhalla Rising on my Trek this morning. Most certainly not a film for the faint-of-heart. As I watched, it reminded of elements of Ingmar Bergman’s Seventh Seal. And I missed Game of Thrones episode last night as I was watching PBS’ Mr. Selfridge. Thankfully I have On Demand and I was able to see the first part of the next episode of Game of Thrones. And truthfully I enjoyed the Mr. Selfridge which can be considered on par with Downton Abbey.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment