Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 154 – Jim’s Trek – 21.6 Miles – Manitoba on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

This morning’s cycling takes me another 21.6 miles along the Yellowhead Highway in Manitoba, Canada. I am headed in a northwest location. Total mileage to date – 2,768.6.


Supper last night – Sous-vide sirloin steaks Cajun spiced, mushroom risotto, and spinach, nasturtium and grape tomato salad. Not bad supper; second time trying a risotto. No left-overs; all gone.

Who ever said once you learn how to do something… like ride a bike… you will never forget. Well I can say that I forgot! I learned to crochet when I was 19 when I watched Mrs. Stavenow, at who's home I boarded at in Arnprior, Ontario.  She used to sit patiently in the evenings and created some exquisite needle work. After she completed a gorgeous piece of work, I asked her to teach me. And she did. (And today Mrs. Stavenow would have been about 120 years old.) But that was many years ago, and after completing a number of pieces and winning a number of awards many years ago, I decided that I needed to restart to crochet once again 40+ years later. Hell, I certainly did not retain everything. But I am determined.

This morning’s Trek entertainment, Lucy, produced in 2003. A quote from the producers within the movie when Lucy and Desi are considering creating the television show I Love Lucy… “As long as the television show is tasteful. TV does not do reality.” Obviously in 1951, no-one could foresee Honey Booboo or The Real Housewives of Atlanta, or Billionaire Bayou, et al.  I think I prefer the tasteful and idiotic antics of Lucille Ball.

And my Schwinn 150 Trek continues.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment