Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Day 152 – Jim’s Trek – 20.8 Miles – My Schwinn Trek on Cinco de Mayo

Good Day,

Enjoy Cinco de Mayo… and I think my Schwinn 150 Trek has me located at quite a distance from the southern border. I completed 20.8 miles this morning and burned 601 calories.

I am headed west on the Yellowhead Highway and some short distance from Margaret Laurence’s Home.


Here are my current mileage and belly measurement stats –


And now here comes the piece of happenstance… I have no control at where along my Trek my cycling takes me, apart from the actual mileage that I do cycle. The above image is where I am currently located after today’s journey. Just think. It was only a couple of days ago that I randomly chose the 2007 movie The Stone Angel to watch on my Trek on Day 149. The Stone Angel is a movie based on Margaret Laurence’s 1964 novel. Is the spirit or muse of some cycling writer trailing me?

This morning’s viewing please, part one of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Okay, I have part two yet to see. I really do not understand the spirit of this film, shy of the current increased trend in the vampire genre in films and books.

And I have decided that from now on whenever I see a termagant approaching me I will pack my bags and high-tail it out. Period…no questions asked!

The prep construction of 112 hexagons has been completed for our new Tampa Kaleidoscope. Check Quilts SB for updates.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim