Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 155 – Jim’s Trek – 20.6 Miles – I’m Still on the Trail to Seattle

Good Day,

And this morning on my Schwinn 150 Trek I completed 20.6 miles and I am located on the northern outskirts of the town of Shoal Lake, Manitoba. I am once again on the Yellowhead or Trans-Canada Highway. And this can become a wee bit confusing as there are actually three Shoal Lakes in Manitoba. The population of this Shoal Lake is about 560 persons.

Check out, in the image, what is actually on the ground in the "hinterland" of Manitoba.

Summarizing my stats -

Total Direct Miles to Seattle   To Date TD Miles Remaining   % TD Miles Completed   Interlake Miles to Seattle   Weight (lbs)  
3,301.0 2,789.2 1,556.0 84.5% 4,032.6 162.0

Finished the second half of the movie Lucy: The Lucille Ball Story. Fair biographical film about Lucille Ball up until her divorce with Desi Arnaz. Danny Pino, currently of the TV series, Law and Order SVU, does a fair representation of Desi, aka Ricky Ricardo.

Delaware is now the 11th State of the Union to legalize marriage equality… Next?

Is it my imagination or my limited knowledge of the history of the United States, that if a map is drawn of the current States that support, and those that may soon support, and of those that reject marriage equality does not the map appear to be somewhat similar to the 1860 electoral map of the American union?

Work continues on our Tampa Kaleidoscope. The equilateral triangles for the hexagons of the Tampa fabric, medium blue colorway, have been completed. Stay tuned to Quilts SB for updates and our new projects.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment